And a one and a two….Hit it!
I hope by now all you folks are organized, less stressed and groovin’ to Bing Crosby or Dean Martin…and speaking of cool Christmas tunes – here is a must have list to play over the Holidays when company comes a calling. There is something for everyone on this list….except for the Beibs…I don’t think I will be purchasing a Christmas CD of his anytime soon….
1. Bing Crosby – White Christmas…compiled with John Trotter & his Orchestra, a great collection of nostaligia masterfully done!
2. A Very Special Christmas – a collection of Christmas tunes sung by a variety of artists, the Eurythmics, The Pointer Sisters, Bruce Springsteen, Sting and others. A great collection for the Classic Rock crowd.
3. Kenny G -Miracles, if you love the instrumental music of Kenny G, then this CD is for you. Once it starts, you will soon be tap dancing your way around the house.
4. Dr. Elmo – who can resist the corny tunes put out by this band? Best known for the hit tune “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer’, they also bring some wacky lyrics in ‘Texas Chainsaw Christmas” and “Uncle Johnny’s Glass Eye”. Definitely not your average Christmas music!
5. Harry Connick Jr. – Harry For The Holidays, for a classic sit down meal, who can resist the crooning of Harry Connick Jr.?
6. Country Chirstmas – The Covingtons, brings a collection of standard Christmas tunes done in the twang of Country music. Interesting to say the least!
7. The Chipmunks Christmas – as my family knows, my very favourite CD this time of year and I know I have ruined it for my kids, but too bad. Nothing gets me bouncing around the house faster than hearing Alvin, Simon and Theodore making merry the music of Christmas.
8. Dean Martin – Christmas Collection…not just a singer, but also a very accomplished actor and was hyterical in the movies he co-starred in with Jerry Lewis. A powerful, soothing voice that belts out some great tunes in this album.
There are hundred of music choices out there this time of year, so grab your favourite CD’s, pop them into the CD player and bop away! Just don’t over do it, lest your family try and toss the overplayed CD’s in the fireplace…