Spinach – a total knockout for getting your required amount of iron (folate), as are other dark, green, leafy veggies. But today we will be featuring Spinach, along with Omega-3 Fat laden Salmon. Omega-3’s are good-for-you fats, just don’t ruin a healthy fish by battering it and deep-frying it. You have just defeated the purpose of having a healthy meat alternative option.
- 2 – 3 ounce fresh salmon filets
- Fresh cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Sea Salt to taste
- Olive Oil
- 2 Cups fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and dried, long stems removed
- ½ Cup mixed raspberries/blackberries and/or strawberries
- ½ chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Drizzle Olive Oil over salmon filets and sprinkle with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Bake in 375°F oven on a wire rack over a baking dish for about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (Alternatively you can poach salmon in parchment packets)
Meanwhile, prepare salad by heaping spinach onto 2 plates, top with raspberries/blackberries, walnuts and dried cranberries. Place a salmon filet on top of each salad. Drizzle with dressing.